Reciprocal Agreement In Education

The concept of teaching certification The arrangement does not mean an unconditional two-way agreement. A state cannot require a candidate to send its transcripts and certification certificates to the National Education Council for evaluation. The National Association of State Directors of Teacher Education and Certification (NASDTEC) was created to promote cooperation and communication between educators in different countries and facilitate mobility and interstate licensing. NASDTEC formed the Interstate Agreement to facilitate this movement. Since 2011, Iowa and Minnesota are the only states not to participate in the Interstate Agreement. A person with a license or certification in one state can obtain a license in another state as long as both states participate in the agreement. Some countries have their own specific requirements that need to be met, such as extra course work, testing or teaching experience, but the agreement makes things much easier. The way the agreement works is that each state (as well as the District of Columbia, the territories of Guam and Puerto Rico and even some Canadian provinces) explains which states they will accept teacher licenses or certificates and what additional requirements, if any, will be required. They can even specify the types of certificates they accept (teachers, administrators, etc.). These agreements do not necessarily go both ways. Just because Georgia, for example, accepts Connecticut certification does not mean that Connecticut accepts Georgia certification.

Connecticut is expected to declare in its agreement that it accepts certification by Georgia. NASDTEC is not the only organization with intergovernmental agreements. Many states have committed to regional agreements with neighbouring countries. Regional agreements are smaller and therefore allow for greater specificity and agreement between different aspects of licensing and reciprocity. In the case of a smaller number of states, there is also the potential to define a uniform standard for licensing and preparation. States can be both members of the NASDTEC Interstate Agreement and a regional agreement, and you can apply for a job in that state or the other, depending on your qualification, in accordance with either agreement.

642total visits,1visits today


Related posts